Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day, well here in the land down under it is. It's a day that on a yearly basis families get together to celebrate all the awesome things a mother does for us. Mother's Day is a day we remember that our mums clean for us, cook for us, helps us when we are sick, comforts us when we are sad, celebrates the accomplishments, and most of all is always there for us at a moments notice. In some ways its like they are superwoman.


Today I took a moment to think about my momma. My mother who adopted me at the age of three has been the role model that showed me, the difference from right and wrong, what it means to respect someone, and what it means to get the job done when it comes to putting our best efforts forward in all tasks. She taught me to finish anything I start and to always give in the way you would want to receive.

As children, yes even as a 25 year old, we look at our mothers as role models. We expect them to lead by example and to always have the answer to everything. I think we forget that they too look up to their own role models, they would love to have someone cook them breakfast once and a while and be assured from time to time that they will succeed through the hardships that life brings. They want to be accepted as the role of mum and to be respected in it.

To my momma, for all the times I rolled my eyes at you, gave you the weirdest looks, told you to go away, made you feel horrible over something that wasn't that big of a deal, told you I didn't like you any more, complained about not getting something I wanted but didn't really need, made you worry or ever made you cry, I am truly sorry. You are my mother and for that I am truly thankful. "Happy Mother's Day".

So, this Mother's Day as you are thanking your mother for all the wonderful things she has done for you don't forget to remind her that she is one, respected and two, beautiful.


-Mrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.